My recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed. I welcome you to re-post my recipes and text. I ask only that you credit me and include a link to my blog if you post any of my content.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Canning Homemade Dark Beer Mustard To Share


Two pints of mustard to supply us for a while and eight half-pints to share!

Now that we know how yummy our Homemade Dark Beer Mustard is, I wanted to can a big batch of it to share.  I quadrupled the original recipe, to make 12 cups of mustard, plenty for our use and sharing with family and friends.

Canning high-acid food like mustard is easy using the waterbath canning method.  Ball's website, FreshPreserving.com, provides all the info you need about the equipment and procedure.  Here's a quick link to their simple step-by-step instructions for waterbath canning.

There are several steps, but none of them difficult. The hardest part is waiting 3 to 4 weeks for the mustard to be ready to eat!  Just familiarize yourself with the instructions, get your supplies together, and set aside a morning or afternoon to cook and can.

Filled jars, waiting to be lidded and processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment