My recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed. I welcome you to re-post my recipes and text. I ask only that you credit me and include a link to my blog if you post any of my content.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Whole Wheat Applesauce Cranberry Muffin Recipe


This recipe is from examiner.com.  It's definitely kid-tested and kid-approved in our house.  This super easy recipe is a great way to sneak a little healthy fiber into your kids' diets, and it's a nice, simple recipe for the kiddos to prepare with you.  It's absolutely scrumptious!!!


Whole Wheat Applesauce Cranberry Muffin Recipe

1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I highly recommend Penzey's)
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat oven  to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, oil, butter, sugar, and egg.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and stir gently with a spatula or wooden spoon just until the mixture is combined -- don't overmix or the muffins will turn out tough.  Stir in the dried cranberries.

Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or line it with cupcake liners if you prefer.  Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way to the top.  Bake about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment