My recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed. I welcome you to re-post my recipes and text. I ask only that you credit me and include a link to my blog if you post any of my content.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

When Life Gives You (Meyer) Lemons ...


I have the good fortune to have several Central Markets and Whole Foods Markets nearby, so springtime is Meyer lemon time!  Try these recipes for preserving lemons.  On the left, Moroccan Preserved Lemons from David Lebovitz's blog.   On the right, Lemon Confit, from Michael Ruhlman's Charcuterie.  I haven't used the Moroccan lemons in a recipe yet, but they smell fabulous.  I have used the confit'ed lemons in several recipes and they're a yummy addition to chicken marinades and pork loin stuffings.  They add a really unique, bright flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment