My recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed. I welcome you to re-post my recipes and text. I ask only that you credit me and include a link to my blog if you post any of my content.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ceviche De Mi Suegra (My Mother-in-Law's Ceviche)


This yummy, easy ceviche is my mother-in-law Cuqui's recipe.  It's light and fresh, and it smells and tastes like a day at the beach.

1 lb. filets of Basa or other firm, mild-flavored fish
enough lime juice to cover fish, juice of about 8 limes
2-4 finely diced jalapeno peppers, to taste
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped

Since ceviche is not technically cooked, but chemically cooked by the lime juice, be sure to select the freshest fish possible.  Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces.  In a shallow dish place the fish, cover with lime juice, and sprinkle with the jalapeno, onion, and cilantro.

Refrigerate the ceviche and let it marinate for at least 1 hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment