My recipes are meant to be shared and enjoyed. I welcome you to re-post my recipes and text. I ask only that you credit me and include a link to my blog if you post any of my content.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Shishito Peppers



I've read about the greatness of shishito peppers and finally found them recently at Central Market.  The recipe is simple:  Rinse and dry the peppers.  Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add a little olive oil.  Add the peppers and saute until they're blistery all over.  Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle with sea salt or kosher salt.  So simple ... so good!

p.s.  These pretty peppers commanded a pretty penny at Central Market, and while they're well worth the price, I'm a big fan of finding good food at a bargain price.  Well, I've found the same peppers a couple of times now at H Mart here in Carrollton.  They were labeled only as "sweet pepper" and were very inexpensive.  It always pays to examine the offerings at the ethnic markets.

Fresh Shishito Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment